Copyright compliancy and maximum benefit of your licensed content
Does your license with that information provider really reflect your business?
Published content is required for reading, research and marketing purposes. Are you aware of the new EU 2016 Copyright changes? How does open access in information and open data licensing affect your business?
How do you get the best deal and product to have the appropriate content on your intranet and to share with colleagues and customers?
Do you require additional analysis on the data such as Text and Data Mining (TDM) to do your business properly? Companies aiming to analyse big data from copyrighted material will need a TDM license or a contract clause in their existing licenses. What will be required in the licensing with information providers?
Allrightsonline.com has proven expertise in negotiations between publishers and the corporate industry including HealthCare, and has collaborated with medical societies such as AJCC (American Joint Committee on Cancer) and with collective management societies around the world. Both partners have a track record of significant revenue growth numbers for practically all businesses they have worked for from academic content providers to corporate industry content providers.
We have negotiated close to a thousand licenses on behalf of the major publishing companies. We have managed both the licensing of content into the databases as well as the licensing of content out to 3rd party aggregators, platforms and document delivery providers, large search engines, medcom providers, and together with the Pharmaceutical Documentation Ring (PDR) launched the creation of a model clause on TDM.
AllrightsOnline.com has an ethical approach, using good governance and best practice to work with strategic partners.
Allrightsonline.com offers the following services:
- Copyright Helpdesk: Questions as to the use or re-use of text and image material will be answered quickly and reliably. Where necessary, additional follow-up can be offered to contact the rightsholders / publishers directly through their network of rights & permissions contacts;
- Legal and Commercial consultancy on content licensing;
- Licensing negotiation (legal and commercial) for both regular content deliveries (eBooks, databases and journals) as well as specialized ones such as TDM .;
- Right & Permissions clearance for either free or paid-for permissions and for e-print and reprint business;
- Background Briefings WebEx on Open Access, MOOCs and Creative Commons Licensing;
- LicenseCheck is a service where the existing/current licenses with rightsholders/publishers and CMO’s will be screened on changes in legislation “overriding” the licenses, and a proposal is suggested to bring all the licenses in today’s context.