Additional revenues from image permissions, text and other data re-uses
Is your workflow organized around the publication processes? Do you focus on the primary exploitation of the rights holder’s intellectual property?
Subsidiary rights (re-use of content) are very often an ‘add-on’ to the day-to-day business and are managed haphazardly. Do you realise how much more revenue you could achieve ?
Companies very often do not have the additional staff or expertise to handle all the questions about image permissions, text and other data re-uses. Revenue is potentially left on the table as it is not core business.
Allrightsonline.com has a track record of significant revenue growth numbers for practically all the businesses they have worked for.
- Managerial expertise in Rights & Permissions departments and negotiations of hundreds of agreements with 3rd party aggregators and external platforms, and in-depth experience with some of the largest information providers such as Ebsco, OCLC, JSTOR, Scopus, ProQuest, Ebook aggregators and many smaller (eJournal/eBook) agencies.
- Experienced in queries for HealthCare providers for both medical societies such as AJCC (American Joint Committee on Cancer) and the introduction of innovative new licensing & business models adapted to the needs of customers.
- Participation in the creation of a model clause on TDM, together with the Pharmaceutical Documentation Ring (PDR).
Key-points: good governance and best practice, enabling them / us to work with strategic partners with an ethical approach, safeguarding proper business and generating new revenues contemporarily.
Allrightsonline.com takes care of these challenges in multiple ways:
- Outsourcing of all, or parts of the rights & permissions activities; such as:
- Right & Permissions clearance for either free or paid permissions and for e-print and reprint business;
- Background Briefings WebEx on Open Access, MOOCs and Creative Commons Licensing;
- Research & Consultancy into additional 3rd party licensing and revenue opportunities, such as enhanced visibility through abstracting & indexing services, or other websites or foreign languages;
- Benchmarking of the rights & permissions revenues to optimise growth;